- Second quarter 2012 revenues totaled $18.3 million, a decrease of 9% from $20.2 million in revenues in the second quarter of 2011. The decrease reflected lower revenues from disc publishing, partially offset by revenues from Qumu, acquired on October 10, 2011.
- Qumu revenues totaled $1.4 million in the second quarter. Qumu ended the quarter with a $6.6 million backlog of contracted commitments, compared with $1.5 million at the end of the first quarter. Included in the quarter-end backlog of contracted commitments is a multi-year, multi-million dollar transaction supporting a Fortune 50 company.
- Disc publishing revenues in the recent second quarter were $16.9 million, down 16% compared with revenues in the second quarter of 2011. The decline was primarily attributable to a 28% decrease in hardware revenues, the result of continued economic softness in Europe and the delay of several transactions in North America. Recurring revenues were down 9.3% from the second quarter of last year. The decrease reflects the comparison of consumables sales against a strong second quarter a year ago, which included stocking by customers concerned with supply disruptions due to the Japan tsunami.
- Gross margin for the recent second quarter was 45% compared with 49% in the same quarter last year. The decline was mainly due to lower disc publishing hardware revenues as a percentage of total sales and underabsorption of fixed costs from lower volumes. Operating expenses in the quarter increased to $12.0 million from $8.1 million in the comparable quarter last year, reflecting the addition of $4.1 million of operating expenses associated with Qumu.
- The net loss for the second quarter of 2012 was $2.8 million, or $(0.27) per diluted share. This compares with net income of $1.2 million in the second quarter of 2011, or $0.12 per diluted share. Excluding the amortization of intangibles associated with Qumu, the net loss per share was $(0.24) in the recent second quarter.
- Cash and marketable securities totaled $62 million at June 30, 2012 compared with $67 million at March 31, 2012. During the second quarter, the Company paid out $1.7 million in dividends and used $0.9 million to repurchase stock. Second quarter 2012 cash used in operations was $0.7 million.
Rimage Reports Second Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts