In the Midcon Midstream segment, adjusted EBITDA was down $4.7 million from 2011. The decrease is almost entirely NGL price related as volumes were up on average 31 million cubic feet a day from 2011. What we're finding in the Midcon area is that activity levels are still high, producers are not backing off from the drilling plans but current NGL pricing especially the S.A. [ph] and the Conway [ph] is very low.
In the Eastern Midstream segment, adjusted EBITDA was up $12.5 million from 2011 to $17.2 million as a result of a Chief acquisition as well as what we're calling our legacy Lycoming County system. Volumes were 344 million cubic feet a day versus 38 million cubic feet a day last year, a substantial increase in activity. We closed the Chief acquisition on May 17, and we're very pleased with the integration of the operations and with the prospects in front of us as a result of this acquisition and the continued development of our Lycoming County system, the system that we entered the Marcellus with anchored by Range Resources. Today we're looking at 50-plus wells in both Lycoming and Wyoming County that has been drilled, completed and frac-ed waiting on us to hook them up, and we're diligently working on doing just that. As importantly, drilling activity continues to exceed our expectations in the Marcellus. And we're very, very thankful for that of course.
The current gas pricing in the strip are helping for sure, and so we expect to see that drilling activity continue throughout the year. We continue to expand our system in Lycoming County, batched up by our agreements with Southwest Energy, Range and an affiliate of Shell. This project, announced after the Chief acquisition, extends both the gas and the water pipelines beyond Phase 2 and will be online in the fourth quarter of this year, at which time we will bring incremental volumes onto the system.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV