Law Office Of Brodsky & Smith, LLC Announces Investigation Of RailAmerica, Inc.
Law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC announces that it is investigating potential claims against the Board of Directors of RailAmerica, Inc. (“RailAmerica” or the “Company”) (NYSE- RA) relating to the proposed acquisition by Genesee & Wyoming, Inc. (“GWR”).
Under the terms of the transaction, RailAmerica shareholders will receive only $27.00 in cash for each share of RailAmerica stock they own. The investigation concerns possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law by the Board of Directors of RailAmerica for not acting in the Company’s shareholders' best interests in connection with the sale process to GWR.
The transaction may undervalue the Company as RailAmerica reported first quarter revenue and earnings that exceeded analyst projections. In addition, RailAmerica reported earnings per share that were higher than consensus estimates. Further, the transaction represents only a slight premium over where the stock traded at in July of 2012 and is below an analyst price target of $28.00 per share for RailAmerica stock.
If you own shares of RailAmerica stock and wish to discuss the legal
ramifications of the proposed transaction, or have any questions, you
may e-mail or call the law office of Brodsky & Smith, LLC who will,
without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your questions. You
may contact Jason L. Brodsky, Esquire or Evan J. Smith, Esquire at
Brodsky & Smith, LLC, Two Bala Plaza, Suite 602, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004,
by e-mail at
or by calling toll free 877-LEGAL-90.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV