PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC) today reported results for its third fiscal quarter ended June 30, 2012.
- Q3 Results:
- Non-GAAP revenue of $311.2 million, up 6% year over year (10% on a constant currency basis)
- Non-GAAP EPS of $0.37, up 16% year over year (24% on a constant currency basis)
- GAAP revenue of $311.0 million and GAAP EPS of $0.19, including a $4.1 million restructuring charge
- Revenue contribution from MKS (acquired on May 31, 2011) and 4CS Solutions (acquired on September 2, 2011) was $20.5 million on a non-GAAP basis and $20.3 million on a GAAP basis
- Non-GAAP operating margin of 18.6%; GAAP operating margin of 10.0%
- Relative to Q3 guidance assumptions, currency had no material effect on reported results
- Q4 Guidance:
- Revenue of $320 to $335 million and non-GAAP EPS of $0.44 to $0.50
- License revenue of $100 to $115 million
- Revenue guidance assumes $1.20 USD / EURO, down from previous assumption of $1.30; an approximate $10 million negative impact to Q4 revenue guidance ($3 to $4 million license revenue impact)
- Approximate $1 million quarterly expense benefit from restructuring in Q3’12
- GAAP EPS of $0.33 to $0.39
- FY’12 Targets:
- Updated targets primarily reflect the impact of currency relative to previous guidance assumptions
- Non-GAAP revenue of $1,255 to $1,270 million and non-GAAP EPS of $1.46 to $1.52
- License revenue of approximately $355 million
- Non-GAAP operating margin of approximately 19.5%
- GAAP revenue of $1,252 to $1,267 million and GAAP EPS of $0.73 to $0.80, including a $24.9 million restructuring charge, and GAAP operating margin of approximately 10.0%.
The Q3 non-GAAP revenue results exclude a $0.2 million effect of purchase accounting on the fair value of the acquired deferred maintenance balance of MKS Inc. The Q3 non-GAAP EPS results also exclude $13.3 million of stock-based compensation expense, $9.0 million of acquisition-related intangible asset amortization, $4.1 million of restructuring charges, and $5.3 million of income tax adjustments. The Q3 results include a non-GAAP tax rate of 23%, a GAAP tax rate of 26% and 121 million diluted shares outstanding.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV