Equity Residential (NYSE: EQR) today reported results for the quarter and six months ended June 30, 2012. All per share results are reported on a fully-diluted basis.
“2012 will be another very good year for Equity Residential,” said David J. Neithercut, Equity Residential’s President and CEO. “Apartment fundamentals are extremely positive and, as expected, we should deliver same store revenue growth for the full year of around 5.5%, which will lead to another very strong year of same store net operating income performance in excess of 7%. Longer term, we expect fundamentals to remain favorable and for continued operating performance above historical levels.”
Second Quarter 2012
FFO (Funds from Operations), as defined by the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT), for the second quarter of 2012 was $0.64 per share compared to $0.58 per share in the second quarter of 2011.For the second quarter of 2012, the company reported Normalized FFO of $0.68 per share compared to $0.60 per share in the same period of 2011. The difference is due primarily to:
- A positive impact of approximately $0.08 per share from total property net operating income (NOI) including $0.07 per share from higher same store NOI and $0.01 per share from higher NOI from properties in lease-up;
- A positive impact of approximately $0.01 per share from net accretion due to the timing and volume of 2011 and 2012 transaction activity; and
- A negative impact of approximately $0.01 per share from higher general and administrative expenses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV