The loan and lease portfolio grew to $4.0 billion as of June 30, 2012, up 7.9 percent from the prior quarter and 9.9 percent from December 31, 2011, after adjustment for the $1.2 billion in loans and leases acquired from Bancorp Rhode Island. The Company continued to benefit from strong growth in its commercial loan and lease portfolios, which reached $2.7 billion, or 66.6 percent of total loans, at June 30, 2012. The commercial portfolios increased 11.7 percent during the second quarter 2012 and 13.9 percent for the first six months of 2012, after adjustment for the $0.8 million in commercial loans and leases acquired from Bancorp Rhode Island.
Deposits of $3.5 billion at June 30, 2012, were up 7.2 percent from March 31, 2012 and 63.1 percent from June 30, 2011. Growth from June 30, 2011 includes the addition of $1.2 billion in deposits from the Bancorp Rhode Island acquisition. Core deposits increased 12.3 percent in the second quarter 2012 and now comprise 70.2 percent of total deposits at June 30, 2012. As a percentage of deposits, core deposits are up from 64.2 percent at December 31, 2011 and 61.9 percent at June 30, 2011, largely as a result of the deposits acquired in the Bancorp Rhode Island acquisition. The loans-to-deposit ratio decreased from 120.8 percent at December 31, 2011 to 114.0 percent at June 30, 2012.
Total cash and investment securities represented 13.3 percent of total assets at June 30, 2012. Securities available for sale of $384.5 million declined 16.7 percent from March 31, 2012 quarter-to-quarter, largely as a result of paydowns on mortgage-related investments.
Stockholders’ equity to total assets was 12.04 percent at June 30, 2012. The tangible common equity ratio was 9.07 percent at June 30, 2012, compared with 9.18 percent at March 31, 2012 and 14.66 percent at June 30, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV