Heritage Financial Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: HBOS), the holding company for HeritageBank of the South, today announced unaudited financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012. Highlights of the Company's results for the second quarter 2012 include:
- Net income of $1.4 million or $0.17 per diluted share compared with a net loss of $481,000 or $0.06 per diluted share for the second quarter of 2011;
- Excluding special items for each quarter, net income was $1.4 million or $0.17 per diluted share for 2012 versus a net loss of $96,000 or $0.01 per diluted share for 2011 (see reconciliation of non-GAAP items);
- The successful completion of a previously announced branch acquisition in Auburn, Alabama, adding $12.2 million in loans and $18.7 million in deposits;
- Loan growth for the quarter, excluding loans acquired through FDIC-assisted acquisitions, of $51.7 million or 11%;
- A decrease in loans acquired through FDIC-assisted acquisitions of $10.3 million or 9% for the quarter;
- An increase in provision for non-FDIC acquired loan losses of $50,000 to $750,000 for the second quarter of 2012 compared with the same quarter for 2011;
- Provision expense of $341,000 for FDIC-acquired loan losses;
- A decrease in net charge-offs to 0.23% for the second quarter of 2012 compared with 0.26% for the second quarter of 2011 and 0.24% for the first quarter of 2012; and
- A decline in nonperforming assets (NPAs) to total assets, excluding assets acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, to 1.08% at the end of the second quarter of 2012 from 1.17% at the end of the second quarter of 2011 and 1.27% at the end of the first quarter of 2012.
Commenting on the results, Leonard Dorminey, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "We are pleased to report continued improvement in our operating results, which reflect the impact of significant organic loan growth, successful expense management efforts, and ongoing acquisition and expansion activities. Noninterest expense declined on a linked-quarter basis and has remained essentially level for three consecutive quarters, illustrating our commitment to expense management. Regarding acquisitions, we were pleased to complete our previously announced acquisition during the quarter of a branch in Auburn, Alabama, marking our entry into another growth market to further expand our franchise."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV