Our adjusted non-performing assets as a percentage of total assets decreased to 1.46% at June 30, 2012, from 1.63% at March 31, 2012. We recorded provision for loan and lease losses of $5.8 million during the second quarter of 2012, which is a decrease of $3.2 million, or 36%, when compared to the second quarter of 2011. Net charge-offs during the second quarter of 2012 declined to $6.6 million, from $9.5 million in the second quarter of 2011, a decline of 30%. On an annualized basis, net charge-offs were 0.34% of total average loans and leases held for investment outstanding for the second quarter of 2012, compared to 0.58% for the second quarter of 2011.
Originated Loan Repurchase Activity
Our loan repurchase activity declined during the second quarter 2012, with losses on repurchase obligations for loans sold or securitized of $2.4 million, a 25% and 43% decline when compared to the first quarter 2012 and second quarter 2011, respectively. Severities over the last twelve months were 44% as of the second quarter 2012, compared to 58% in the second quarter 2011. We are currently reserved at more than three times our trailing twelve month net realized losses.Capital Strength Total shareholder’s equity was $1.2 billion at June 30, 2012, compared to $995 million at March 31, 2012. The increase is primarily due to the completion of our initial public offering on May 8, 2012, which raised $198 million. Additionally, at the initial public offering we converted all of our shares of Series B Preferred Stock into shares of our common stock. As a result at June 30, 2012 the ratio of tangible common equity to tangible assets was 7.8%. The bank’s Tier 1 leverage ratio was 8.3% and total risk-based capital ratio was 15.8% at June 30, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV