Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO): Today's Featured Health Services Winner
Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Thermo Fisher Scientific rose $4.36 (8.8%) to $54.14 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5.7 million shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.09-$54.33 after having opened the day at $51.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.78. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: Stereotaxis (STXS), up 29.8%, Healthways (HWAY), up 15.5%, BSD Medical Corporation (BSDM), up 14.6%, and Sunshine Heart (SSH), up 13.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Thermo Fisher Scientific Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV