Leggett & Platt (LEG) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Leggett & Platt rose 38 cents (1.8%) to $21.85 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3.2 million shares of Leggett & Platt exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.54-$21.88 after having opened the day at $21.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.47. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: iRobot Corporation (IRBT), up 18%, Tempur-Pedic International (TPX), up 9.4%, Sealy (ZZ), up 4.5%, and Whirlpool Corporation (WHR), up 3.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Leggett & Platt Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about LEG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV