In Point of Need we gained about 1% of growth in the second quarter through the addition of AmniSure, a novel premature ruptured fetal membrane test for use in pregnant women. In prevention, sales of products testing for HPV were lower in the second quarter as we had been predicting and the year to date trends are in line with our expectations.
As we have been saying, we are maximizing the value of our HPV franchise and are effectively and successfully competing in this market. But the overall market is not expected to be a growth driver in 2012. In terms of the 14%, constant exchange rate growth in the second quarter of 2012, about 9 percentage points came in from Cellestis, Ipsogen and AmniSure acquisitions.
At the same time, the rest of our business delivered 5 percentage points in the second quarter and provided 6 percentage points in the first half. So, we are seeing an improving trend over 2011. A key driver has been the progress we have been making on our strategic initiatives to drive platform success, add content, broaden our geographic presence, and grow efficiently and effectively.
Among the highlights, we are on track to achieve our goal for more than 200 new placements of the QIAsymphony automation platform. This builds on the more than 550 systems in place at the end of 2011. These systems are being placed across all customer classes and geographic regions. Critical to our success has been the Rotor-Gene Q real-time PCR cycler and its recent U.S. regulatory approvals. In combination, we can offer the industry’s fastest growing, broadest and most versatile menu.In terms of adding content, launch plans are in full implementation for the therascreen KRAS test that received FDA approval in early July. This milestone reaffirms our global leadership in companion diagnostics and is just the beginning of a significant development in the U.S. companion diagnostics market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV