Pacific Capital Bancorp Reports Second Quarter 2012 Results
Pacific Capital Bancorp (Nasdaq: PCBC), a community bank holding company and parent of Santa Barbara Bank & Trust, N.A., reported net income of $24.1 million, or $0.73 per diluted share, for the three months ended June 30, 2012, compared with $21.0 million, or $0.64 per diluted share, for the three months ended June 30, 2011. Net income for the second quarter of 2012 was the highest reported for a quarter since the Ford Financial Group’s investment in Pacific Capital Bancorp in August 2010. Net income for the second quarter of 2012, included $1.4 million of merger related costs.
Second Quarter Highlights
- The Written Agreement dated May 11, 2010, between Pacific Capital Bancorp and the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco was terminated effective as of May 23, 2012;
- Achieved a return on average assets of 1.66% and a return on average equity of 12.02% for the three months ended June 30, 2012;
- Improved net interest margins to 4.55% for the second quarter of 2012, compared with 4.42% for the second quarter of 2011;
- Increased regulatory capital ratios to 13.3% and 22.1% for Tier 1 Leverage and Total Risk-Based Capital at June 30, 2012, respectively; and
- Progress continues to be made to consummate the acquisition of PCBC by UnionBanCal Corporation that was announced on March 12, 2012. The acquisition requires approval from banking regulators and is subject to other customary closing conditions, and is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2012.
“Our strong performance in the second quarter reflects our successful execution of bringing high quality banking and financial services to our customers,” said Carl B. Webb, Chief Executive Officer of Pacific Capital Bancorp. “This customer focus is shared by Union Bank and makes us confident that joining forces with such a strong, California-based financial services organization will position us to continue to provide this level of service to the communities we serve,” continued Mr. Webb.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts