International Shipholding Corporation (NYSE: ISH) today announced the financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Second Quarter 2012 Highlights
- Reported adjusted net income of $1.8 million for the three months ended June 30, 2012, excluding non-cash losses of $1.1 million
- Purchased the Jones Act Molten Sulphur Carrier previously on lease
- Declared a second quarter dividend of $0.25 per share payable on September 4, 2012 to shareholders of record as of August 16, 2012
The Company reported net income of $704,000 for the three months ended June 30, 2012, which included non-cash transaction losses and out of period adjustments totaling $1.1 million. The non-cash transaction losses consisted of deferred gain recognition and currency exchange losses attributed to the yen denominated loan facility. For the comparable three months ended June 30, 2011, the Company reported net income of $2.8 million which included a non-cash currency exchange loss of $1.9 million also attributed to the yen denominated loan facility.Mr. Niels M. Johnsen, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “Our results for the second quarter were negatively affected by the impact of depressed drybulk shipping markets. However, as newbuilding vessels are absorbed into the world fleet, as older vessels are scrapped and as the newbuilding order book is reduced, the drybulk shipping markets should improve. In the meantime, in this challenging environment, our longstanding established contracting strategy of medium and long term charters will continue to provide a predictable solid foundation for our revenue.” “As we further pursue our strategy of growing our fleet in an accretive manner, we continue to provide shareholders with value through our dividend policy. For the second quarter, the Board declared a dividend payment of $0.25, in line with our 2012 dividend target of $1.00 per share.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV