NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The ex-dividend date for Unum Group (NYSE:UNM) is tomorrow, July 26, 2012. Owners of shares as of market close today will be eligible for a dividend of 13 cents per share. At a price of $18.51 as of 3:45 p.m. ET, the dividend yield is 2.8%. The average volume for Unum Group has been three million shares per day over the past 30 days. Unum Group has a market cap of $5.42 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. Shares are down 12.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Unum Group, together with its subsidiaries, provides group and individual disability insurance products primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.4, below the average insurance industry P/E ratio of 23.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Latest Headlines about UNM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV