Whiting Petroleum Corporation Drilling Operations: One Well Drilling, One Well Being Completed And One Well Producing In The Sanish Field Of Mountrail County, North Dakota. (Photo: Business Wire)
North Ward Estes Field. Net production from our North Ward Estes field averaged 8,630 BOE per day in the second quarter of 2012. This average rate was up 6% from the 8,125 BOE average daily rate in the second quarter of 2011. One of the largest phases at North Ward Estes (Phase 3B) is pressuring up with CO 2, and we anticipate a production response by the first quarter of 2013. Whiting is currently injecting approximately 330 MMcf of CO 2 per day into the field, of which about 60% is recycled gas.
Other Development Areas
Delaware Basin: Big Tex Prospect. Whiting’s lease position at Big Tex consists of 117,521 gross (87,017 net) acres, located primarily in Pecos County, Texas. Highlighting recent drilling results was the completion of the May 2501. This vertical well was completed flowing 323 BOE per day from the Upper Wolfcamp formation on May 24, 2012. Whiting owns a 100% working interest and an 80% net revenue interest in the new producer, which was drilled on the west side of the prospect approximately one mile southwest of the Company’s Stewart 101 well. The Stewart well flowed 232 BOE per day from the Wolfcamp at a vertical depth of approximately 12,000 feet on February 20, 2012.On the north side of the prospect, we have fracture stimulated the Legear 1102H, a horizontal Wolfcamp test. The well is currently flowing back oil and load water up casing as it cleans up. The Legear well is overpressured. Once pressures decrease, we plan to put the well on pump and obtain an initial production rate. Whiting holds a 100% working interest and a 75% net revenue interest in the Legear well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV