Universal American Corp. (NYSE: UAM) today announced financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Second Quarter 2012 Results
- Net income was $4.7 million, or $0.05 per share.
- Revenues were $542 million.
- Universal American expects to earn approximately $0.64 to $0.68 per diluted share for 2012, excluding any realized capital gains or losses and investments in Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), our Medicare Advantage business and other growth opportunities.
- Universal American’s subsidiary, Collaborative Health Systems, has partnered with physicians and other healthcare professionals to form sixteen Accountable Care Organizations that were approved for participation in the Medicare Shared Savings Program. We estimate that these sixteen ACOs currently include approximately 1,700 participating physicians covering approximately 150,000 Original Medicare beneficiaries in eleven states, including Texas and upstate New York.
- $3.6 million, or $0.04 per share, of ACO start-up costs;
- $0.9 million, or $0.01 per share, of expenses related to the accelerated vesting of options and restricted stock as part of the Part D sale and APS Healthcare transaction costs;
- $0.9 million, or $0.01 per share, of net realized investment gains; and
- $0.1 million, or less than $0.01 per share of non-recurring tax benefit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV