WebMediaBrands Inc. Reports Financial Results For Its Second Quarter Ended June 30, 2012; Positive EBITDA Of $87,000
WebMediaBrands Inc. (Nasdaq: WEBM) today reported financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
Highlights for the second quarter of 2012 include:
- Revenues for the second quarter of 2012 were $4.0 million compared to revenues of $3.8 million for the same period in 2011, an increase of 6%. Revenues from research and advertising increased 135% and 19%, respectively, compared to the same period last year. Inside Network’s market research and data services business, which includes AppData, contributed $455,000 in revenues during the second quarter of 2012. We acquired Inside Network in May 2011.
- Net loss for the second quarter of 2012 was $346,000, compared to a net loss of $1.0 million for the same period last year. Non-GAAP income, excluding interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization and stock-based compensation expense, or EBITDA, was $87,000 during the second quarter of 2012, compared to a loss of $536,000 for the same period last year. We track this metric and present it here because we believe it helps in the analysis of the performance of our core operations. Non-cash stock-based compensation expense was $137,000 during the second quarter of 2012 compared to $114,000 during the second quarter of 2011.
“Our second quarter demonstrated continued progress towards being cash flow positive on a full-year basis, with year-over-year and sequential quarterly revenue growth. It was our second quarter in the past three quarters with positive EBITDA,” stated Alan M. Meckler, Chairman and CEO of WebMediaBrands, Inc. “We have continued to expand our product offerings, and revenues from Inside Network’s research business have continued to grow. We anticipate continued growth in 2012 led by our in-depth strength in covering Facebook, social media, apps and the Semantic Web,” added Meckler.
WebMediaBrands Inc. Second Quarter 2012 Financial Results Conference Call AlertWebMediaBrands Inc. invites you to participate in its conference call reviewing 2012 second quarter results on Wednesday, July 25, 2012 at 5:00 pm ET.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV