TriQuint Semiconductor, Inc. (NASDAQ:TQNT), a leading RF solutions supplier and technology innovator, announces its financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, including the following highlights:
- Revenue for the quarter was $178.0 million
- GAAP net loss for the quarter was $16.5 million, or $(0.10) per share
- Non-GAAP net loss for the quarter was $15.0 million, or $(0.09) per share
- Booked $13 million in orders for F-35 Lightning II Joint Strike Fighter and TPQ-53 Army radar
- Announced $12.3 million GaN DARPA contract to develop Ultra-Fast Power Switch technology
- Shipping MMPA & BAW content on new Galaxy* phone for Verizon
- Introduced industry's first 802.11ac Wi-Fi RF module for next-generation smartphones and tablets
- Closed major design wins in Fiber-to-the-Home and optical networks
Commenting on the results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012, Ralph Quinsey, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated, “TriQuint's second quarter performance was in line with expectations. Mobile devices demand was soft in the second quarter as the smartphone industry prepares for a seasonally strong second half, and our Defense and Networks revenue was slightly up year-to-date with a healthy outlook for the remainder of the year. We believe TriQuint is well positioned for revenue growth and improved financial performance in the second half of 2012.”
Summary Financial Results for the Three and Six Months Ended June 30, 2012:
Revenues for the second quarter of 2012 were $178.0 million, down 22% from the second quarter of 2011 and down 18% sequentially. Mobile Devices market revenue declined 24%, Networks declined 5% and Defense was consistent sequentially. Revenue for the six months ended June 30, 2012 was $394.7 million, down 13% from the six months ended July 2, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV