Moving onto Market Technology. This business delivers technology and services to market places, brokers and regulators throughout the world. Second quarter revenues were $44 million. Foreign currency negatively impacted the year-over-year comparison by about $5 million. During the quarter, we hosted our Technology of the Future Conference, ToF, in Stockholm in June and it was an extremely successful event. This was our largest Technology of the Future Conference ever with attendance up over 50% compared to the last conference.
At the show, we certainly took our customers through our product roadmap and our expectations for the future. It is clear that we're seeing acceleration in our Market Technology business. We're on track for a record year of new business wins and order take. In just the first 6 months of 2012, we achieved an order intake of $132 million. To put this in perspective, in 2011, we had a total order intake of $134 million for the full year. Our backlog has moved up to $529 million from $496 million in the first quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV