Corporate income tax during the first half of 2012 totalled 960 million euros which, over an income before taxes of 3,217 million euros, implied an effective tax rate of 30%, normalising with respect to the rate recorded during the previous quarter.
Profit attributable to minority interests dragged net income by 182 million euros in the first six months of 2012 and fell by 15.8% year-on-year.
As a consequence of all the items mentioned above, consolidated net income in the first half of 2012 stood at 2,075 million euros, and basic earnings per share were 0.46 euros. In underlying terms, consolidated net profit fell by 24.1% and basic earnings per share stood at 0.62 euros.
CapEx for the first six months of the year totalled 3,658 million euros, 4.7% lower than in the same period of 2011. In 2011 this item included the cost of spectrum acquisition in Brazil and Costa Rica. Therefore, in organic terms, CapEx rose year-on-year by 9.2%. The Company continues to devote the bulk of its investment to growth and transformation projects (81% of total investment), fostering the expansion of high speed broadband services, both fixed and mobile. The CapEx over sales ratio (excluding spectrum investments) was 11.8% in the first half of 2012. It should be noted that the year-on-year change of the first half of the year cannot be extrapolated to the full year given the different levels of investment execution in both years.Operating cash flow (OIBDA-CapEx), excluding spectrum investment, stood at 6,780 million euros for the first half of 2012 (-13.4% year-on-year in organic terms; -12.0% in underlying terms).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV