Crocs, Inc. (NASDAQ: CROX) today announced that it will donate $5 for each pair of shoes sold online at crocs.com and at Crocs’ Colorado retail stores from July 24 – July 31 to aid the victims of the Aurora, Colo. theater shooting. The donations will be made through Crocs Cares SM, the company’s corporate social responsibility program, to the Aurora Victim Relief Fund through GivingFirst.org.
“As a Colorado-based company, we are committed to supporting our local community during times of need and believe that it is important to come together as a community to aid those affected by this tragedy,” said Melissa Koester, program manager for Crocs Cares. “We are proud to be part of a local community that is doing so much to support those affected by this terrible event.”
GivingFirst.org is a resource for Colorado charities and is a program of Community First Foundation. The donations that are raised through GivingFirst.org will be matched by the Governor’s office dollar for dollar, up to $100,000. These funds will then be divided evenly between the various Colorado charities that are supporting the victims of the shooting. Once the initial $100,000 donation is raised, the remaining funds will go to the immediate needs and long term support of the families impacted by the tragedy.
Launched in 2007, Crocs Cares was created to make a difference in the lives of children and families in need through initiatives that positively impact the environment, employees and local and global communities. Crocs Cares is focused on donating shoes to those in need around the world and on volunteer and fundraising initiatives in the communities in which Crocs does business. More than 3 million pairs of shoes have been donated through Crocs Cares since the program’s inception.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV