"We agree that we have to find new, cleaner ways to generate energy for our economy," said Hudson. "Gasification not only limits emissions as part of the actual process, but it also turns these pollutants into profits. It's good for the environment and it cuts costs for consumers."
The Chicago Clean Energy project has been vetted by the State of Illinois over a five-year process, during which time the Governor already has signed four pieces of legislation, each of which passed both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly by wide margins, with strong statewide support from both political parties. The Governor currently is considering action on SB 3766, which enjoyed similar support in the General Assembly, to implement the prior policy decisions of the General Assembly and the Governor.
"We are hopeful Governor Quinn will approve the measure and put Illinois at the forefront of new clean energy technology," said Ted Stanlos, president of the Calumet Area Industrial Council. "We need this project to help revitalize our community and we ask that Governor Quinn move this project forward immediately."
About Chicago Clean EnergyChicago Clean Energy is an initiative of Leucadia National Corporation (NYSE: LUK) that supports the $3 billion investment in green technology on the Southeast side of Chicago. The gasification facility to be located at 115 th Street and Burley Avenue will produce substitute natural gas through the cleanest method of utilizing Illinois coal anywhere in the world. For more information, please visit www.chicagocleanenergy.com. SOURCE Chicago Clean Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV