ISTANBUL, July 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Please note that all financial data is consolidated and comprises that of Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri A.S., (the "Company", or "Turkcell") and its subsidiaries and associates (together referred to as the "Group"). All non-financial data is unconsolidated and comprises Turkcell only figures. The terms "we", "us", and "our" in this press release refer only to the Company, except in discussions of financial data, where such terms refer to the Group, and where context otherwise requires.
- In this press release, a year-on-year comparison of our key indicators is provided and figures in parentheses following the operational and financial results for June 30, 2012 refer to the same item as at June 30, 2011. For further details, please refer to our consolidated financial statements and notes as at and for June 30, 2012 which can be accessed via our web site in the investor relations section ( http://www.turkcell.com.tr).
- Please note that the Information and Communication Technologies Authority in Turkey is referred to as "the Telecommunications Authority" herein.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE SECOND QUARTER OF 2012
- Turkcell Group continued its growth momentum in the second quarter of 2012, posting double-digit growth for the third consecutive quarter, as well as high single-digit EBITDA growth
- Group revenues rose by 12.5% to TRY2,565 million (TRY2,279million) achieving the historically highest second quarter revenue
- Group EBITDA [ 1] increased by 8.0% to TRY779 million (TRY721 million), while the Group EBITDA margin was at 30.4% (31.6%)
- Turkcell Turkey's revenues grew by 9% to TRY2,149 million (TRY1,975 million)
- Turkcell Turkey registered growth in voice revenues [ 2] of 6%, maintaining growth trend for the third consecutive quarter
- Mobile broadband & services revenues rose 18% to TRY546 million (TRY462 million)
- In particular, mobile broadband revenues rose 44% to TRY240 million (TRY166 million)
- Overall, the share of mobile broadband and service revenues rose 2pp to 25% (23%)
- Revenues of subsidiaries [ 3] grew by 37% to TRY416 million (TRY304 million), while their contribution to the top line rose to 16% (13%)
- EBITDA of subsidiaries [ 3] improved by 55% to TRY136 million (TRY88 million), while their contribution to Group EBITDA rose to 18% (12%)
- Group net income improved to TRY534 million from a net loss of TRY21 million in the second quarter of 2011 mainly due to one-off items, mostly due to fx loss and impairment charges in Belarus. (If we exclude one-off items, net income would be TRY472 million in Q211 while YoY growth would be 13%).
(1) EBITDA is a non-GAAP financial measure. See page 12 for the reconciliation of EBITDA to net cash from operating activities.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts