ConAgra Foods (CAG) pays out an identical yield to Paychex right now: 3.91%.
This week, the firm announced that it would be paying a fourth-straight 24-cent dividend on August 29. I suspect that it'll be CAG's last payout at the 24-cent level -- after all, the $10 billion food stock earns plenty of cash right now. ConAgra owns a portfolio of well-known food and kitchen product brands, such as Parkay, Healthy Choice, and Chef Boyardee -- and relying on those brands has been CAG's saving grace in this market.>>2 Stocks to Buy Because the Wealthy Rule America That's because cost inflation has been squeezing margins at most food processing firms. Because CAG has a strong portfolio of sticky brands to fall back on, it's able to pass more costs onto customers than they'd tolerate from a private-label competitor. When the dust settles, private label brands are likely to become a more important part of ConAgra's sales again. MeadWestvaco
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV