Limited Brands (LTD), another name that has reduced exposure overseas, owns a portfolio of the world's leading intimate apparel and personal care brands, including Victoria's Secret and Bath & Body Works. That makes Limited a good play on consumer sentiment, a polar opposite from the consistency of Duke. But Limited has a mature retail business with powerful brands under its belt, which should help keep LTD outperforming the S&P 500 this year.
It's true that Limited does have some overseas exposure. In fact, the firm has stores in more than 80 countries. But that doesn't impact the company's bottom line. That's because, while Limited does own its Canadian stores, units outside of North America are franchised and pay LTD in dollars. That significantly reduces the risks that Limited has to shoulder to capitalize on growth abroad.>>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts Meanwhile, the Canadian dollar has ebbed and flowed more in line with the USD than more volatile currencies like the euro. And Limited hedges its exposure to CAD, a move that helps to flatten out the impact of foreign exchange on the company's income statement. While competition continues to be fierce in the specialty retail space, Limited's strong brand recognition (and the paring down of less profitable divisions, including its namesake Limited Stores) should continue to spur sales growth in 2012. Limited was included on a list of 20 Winning Stocks Set to Post New Highs in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV