NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Arch Coal (NYSE:ACI) hit a new 52-week low Wednesday as it is currently trading at $5.40, below its previous 52-week low of $5.41 with 1.6 million shares traded as of 10:05 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 14.1 million shares over the past 30 days. Arch Coal has a market cap of $1.34 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 61.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Arch Coal, Inc. engages in the production and sale of steam and metallurgical coal from surface and underground mines located in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.4, above the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 14 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
Latest Headlines about ACI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV