SAN ANTONIO, July 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Fast-casual Mexican chain, Taco Cabana, introduces Steak Asadero tacos and dessert Flan (pronounced like "flawn"). The new tacos, with origins from the state of Chihuahua, a region in northwest Mexico, feature the savory flavors of Asadero cheese, while Flan, a well-known Mexican dessert, offers a sweet, classic taste.
"We're excited to introduce our delicious Steak Asadero tacos to our menu for a limited time," said Todd Coerver, chief brand officer at Taco Cabana. "This latest menu option along with Flan, were inspired by our trip to Mexico last year and continue to showcase the authentic ingredients and tastes which our guests have come to expect from us."
The new Steak Asadero tacos are prepared on a handmade six-inch flour tortilla, then filled with premium marinated diced sirloin steak and grilled onions. Chefs then sprinkle freshly grated Asadero cheese, which then melts and creates a flavorful buttery taste."Asadero is a mild, semisoft, creamy melting cheese with a tangy finish," said Diego Galicia, corporate chef at Taco Cabana. "The ingredients we have chosen are very simple, but once married together, the unique and savory flavor will surely delight our guests." Now through September 24, 2012, guests can enjoy one Steak Asadero taco for $2.59, as a plate of two tacos with rice, beans, guacamole and two flour tortillas for $6.99, or as a combo meal with two tacos, a side and a 20 oz. drink for $7.19. Flan is a popular chilled Mexican dessert made with sweetened egg custard and finished with a caramel sauce on top. "Our cooks prepare all of the ingredients each morning and place them in to serving cups," said Galicia. "Once cooled and set, it will be flipped on to a plate and drizzled with caramel sauce as standard in traditional Mexican cooking."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV