Accuride Corporation (NYSE: ACW), a leading supplier of components to the commercial vehicle industry, today announced that its Gunite business unit is consolidating North American production into the Rockford, Ill., facility where the unit is based. Consequently, Gunite will phase out its machining operations at Brillion Iron Works in Brillion, Wisc., and close its plant in Elkhart, Ind., by the first quarter of 2013. This consolidation is part of Accuride’s “Fix and Grow” strategy to improve the profitability and competitiveness of its business through a combination of investment and restructuring.
“While this action will be difficult for our associates and the community in Elkhart, it is necessary to return our Gunite business to profitability and meet the competitive challenges we are facing in a changing marketplace,” said Rick Dauch, President and CEO of Accuride Corporation. “Consolidating Gunite’s operations into a single site in Rockford will greatly improve production efficiency, strengthen quality and delivery performance, reduce operating costs and make the business more profitable. We will treat our associates affected by this decision with dignity and respect, while working closely with our customers and suppliers to ensure uninterrupted supply throughout the transition.”
About Accuride Corporation
With headquarters in Evansville, Ind., Accuride Corporation is a leading supplier of components to the commercial vehicle industry. The company’s products include commercial vehicle wheels, wheel-end components and assemblies, truck body and chassis parts, and other commercial vehicle components. The company’s products are marketed under its brand names, which include Accuride ®, Gunite ®, Imperial TM and Brillion TM. Accuride’s common stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol ACW. For more information, visit the Company’s website at http://www.accuridecorp.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV