Applied Micro Circuits Corporation, or AppliedMicro (Nasdaq: AMCC), today announced the world’s fastest CMOS transmitter ICs for Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing line-side applications, which support power-efficient, cost-effective deployments in 100-Gigabit per second optical metro, regional and long-haul networks. With line rates up to 31.8Gbps per channel, AppliedMicro’s S28032 DQPSK Mux chips pave the way for wide-scale deployment in 100G DWDM Optical Transport Networks (OTN) as operators increasingly seek higher bandwidth solutions and greater network density.
CMOS ICs provide a scalable high-volume, low-power solution for ramping 100G deployments. AppliedMicro’s S28032 provides a flexible interface to connect either FPGAs or ASICS running hard or soft-decision FEC (Forward-Error Correction) on a 10 or 20-lane SFI-S bus to optical drivers for PM-QPSK and other DWDM optical systems. The S28032 supports line rates from 27Gbps through 31.8Gbps for applications with 7%, 15% or 20% FEC overhead.
Early access partners, who represent significant market share, are passing traffic error-free in the lab in preparation for field trials. Their bring-up has occurred in record time. Carriers and network operators will see next generation DWDM systems featuring the S28032 early in 2013.
“Our previously announced Gearbox product set the bar for performance in 100GBASE-LR4 applications, supporting ODB (optical duo-binary) pre-coding for metro networks,” said George Jones, Vice President of Connectivity Solutions at APM. “Our new S28032 extends AppliedMicro’s leadership position in 100G CMOS PHY products to the DWDM network for metro, regional and long-haul 100Gbps applications.”Evaluation boards and AppliedMicro’s S28032 are sampling now to select customers. Production quantities are expected in the second half of this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV