LAS VEGAS, July 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BLACKHAT 2012 Conference --
- Rapid growth of app stores for mobile devices has received significant attention from consumers, businesses and fraudsters alike.
- Mobile apps have emerged as a new cybercrime attack vector for phishing and malware.
- RSA FraudAction Anti Rogue App Service is a new managed service designed to detect and take action against malicious/unauthorized mobile apps that silently infiltrate online app stores.
- The service monitors all major app stores for all mobile operating systems, detects and shuts down malicious apps that are targeting customers to help reduce end user credential loss, financial fraud as well as damage to organizations' brand equity.
To counter the emergence of malicious and unauthorized apps appearing on mobile app stores, RSA, The Security Division of EMC (NYSE: EMC), today introduced the RSA FraudAction™ Anti Rogue App Service designed to detect and take action against rogue mobile apps that attempt to serve up malware or phishing attacks.
- 71 percent of organizations allow their employees to use their own mobile devices for company business. (Source: GI mSecurity Survey Report, April 2012 , Goode Intelligence)
- 86 percent of all Android malware is actually repackaged versions of legitimate apps, but with malicious payloads. (Source: Android Malware Genome Project , Department of Computer Science at the North Carolina State University )
- Number of malicious Android apps jumps to over 20,000 in July 2012. (Source: TrendMicro TrendLabs Jul 2, 2012)
- Proactively manages risk to business by providing visibility into mobile app-based threats.
- Reduces fraud loss by shutting down rogue apps to help minimize impact of mobile app-based attacks to customer base.
- Provides comprehensive app store monitoring for all major app stores.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts