Thrombocytopenia following Kyprolis administration resulted in a dose reduction in 1% of patients and discontinuation of treatment with Kyprolis in < 1% of patients.
Cases of hepatic failure, including fatal cases, have been reported (< 1%). Kyprolis can cause elevations of serum transaminases and bilirubin.
There are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women using Kyprolis. Females of reproductive potential should be advised to avoid becoming pregnant while being treated with Kyprolis.
The most common serious adverse reactions were pneumonia, acute renal failure, pyrexia, and congestive heart failure. The most common adverse reactions (incidence of 30% or greater) observed in clinical trials of patients with multiple myeloma were fatigue, anemia, nausea, thrombocytopenia, dyspnea, diarrhea, and pyrexia. Serious adverse reactions were reported in 45% of patients.About Multiple MyelomaMultiple myeloma is the second most common hematologic cancer and results from an abnormality of plasma cells, usually in the bone marrow. In the United States, more than 50,000 people are living with multiple myeloma and approximately 20,000 new cases are diagnosed annually. [i] Worldwide, more than 220,000 people are living with multiple myeloma and approximately 100,000 new cases are diagnosed annually. [ii] About the Kyprolis™ (carfilzomib) for Injection Development Program Kyprolis is being studied in several clinical trials either as a single-agent or in combination with other therapies, including:
- A global Phase 3 clinical trial, known as the ASPIRE trial, has completed enrollment and is evaluating the combination of lenalidomide and low-dose dexamethasone with or without Kyprolis in patients with relapsed multiple myeloma who have received one to three prior therapies. The company has an agreement with the FDA on a Special Protocol Assessment (SPA) and has received Scientific Advice from the European Medicines Agency (EMA) on the design and planned analysis of the trial.
- A Phase 3 clinical trial, known as the FOCUS trial, is evaluating single-agent Kyprolis in patients with relapsed and refractory myeloma who have received three or more prior therapies. The trial is designed to facilitate regulatory approvals around the world.
- A global head-to-head Phase 3 clinical trial, known as the ENDEAVOR trial, is evaluating the combination of Kyprolis and low-dose dexamethasone versus the combination of bortezomib and low-dose dexamethasone.
- A Phase 1/2 study being conducted by Onyx's partner Ono Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. is evaluating Kyprolis in Japanese patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV