In other words, I sense a transition to a model that stresses quality over quantity and serves lucrative niches as opposed to a loosely defined audience of everything and everybody. I recently rejoined Netflix and feel like its streaming value proposition has increased markedly from the beginning of the year. It's much less random than it used to be.
It doesn't happen all that often, so when it does I have to get all narcissistic on you. I am ahead of the curve on this stock.
I called the implosion way before it happened. And now, I'm ahead of the pack on the forthcoming uptrend.
I'm giving Netflix another six to eight months. If things continue to progress, I might buy the stock. I'm fully confident NFLX will breach $50 by the end of January 2013 -- around the time the company reports that Q4 loss. The time to buy will be after the Q4 report early next year.Follow @RoccoPendola At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned in this article. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV