The Howard Hughes Corporation (NYSE: HHC) today announced plans to develop Phase Two of Ward Village Shops. Phase Two of Ward Village Shops will encompass a new 57,000 square-foot, two-story retail center along Auahi Street. The development is designed to continue the revitalization of Kaka‘ako, transforming the area into a vibrant shopping, dining and entertainment complex serving both locals and visitors. It paves the way for further redevelopment of the area, enabling The Howard Hughes Corporation to continue creating a dynamic, new lifestyle destination on O‘ahu.
The new development will be located in front of the recently completed Ward Village Shops parking structure and adjacent to the newly opened TJ Maxx. It is also directly across the street from Ward Centre where it was recently announced that Bed Bath & Beyond will be opening in the former Border’s space in the fall. The 30,000 square-foot Bed Bath & Beyond store will serve as an anchor for Ward Centre, which is also undergoing a multi-million dollar facelift.
Phase Two at Ward Village Shops is expected to open in the fall of 2013, with construction beginning later this month. Retail tenants will be announced in the coming months and include both established, popular stores with new locations within the shopping destination along with other well-known national brands.
“We are pleased to move forward with this important second phase of Ward Village Shops, adding to the momentum that’s building within O‘ahu’s most exciting neighborhood - Kaka‘ako,” said David Striph, senior vice president, Hawaii, The Howard Hughes Corporation. “This latest addition demonstrates our commitment to creating one of the premier shopping districts in Honolulu for our customers.”Plans for Phase Two of Ward Village Shops were developed in close consultation with Recognized Cultural Descendants, the Oahu Island Burial Council and the State Historic Preservation Division.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV