DRAPER, Utah, July 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Flexpoint Sensor Systems, Inc. (OTCBB: FLXT) today announced that it has signed a Joint Development Agreement for a new variation of Bend Sensor® technology that can fit inside a narrow tube. The new design could potentially have immediate use in Flexpoint's colonoscope project and in other small diameter applications.
The agreement was signed with Mark Woodbury, an experienced engineer who has worked at Flexpoint in the past and has extensive experience with Bend Sensor technology. Woodbury will be working closely with Flexpoint's head engineer, David Beck to develop the sensor, which is attached to materials differently than previous Bend Sensors, thus opening the door to new types of applications and materials. Mark currently works for a defense contractor, but has maintained close contact with Flexpoint over the years.
"This new design could greatly advance our work with the colonoscope and open the door to a number of uses that demand a very small sensor," said Flexpoint CEO Clark Mower. "We have been pursuing expansion into a number of industries with partner companies, and this new design could open up some exciting possibilities."
Mower continued, "The new sensor type is an extension of the existing technology and not a replacement for the existing technology. The sensor could also be used in other applications that were previously unavailable due to difficulty of attaching sensors to different types of media. We are excited about the venues that this technology will open to us." Testing and development are already underway.The market for medical sensors is expected to reach $12.4 billion by 2016, according to a recent report. About Flexpoint Flexpoint Sensor Systems (OTCBB: FLXT) is a leading supplier of thin film sensing technology to many industries, including automotive, medical, industrial controls, and consumer products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV