LONDON, July 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Pharmaceutical group GlaxoSmithKline concedes pricing pressure in Europe had affected overall performance in the second quarter but says the Group was making "good progress" against its strategic agenda.
In a video interview, CEO Sir Andrew Witty said he had seen strong performances in the Emerging Markets, Japan and the group's Consumer business. Looking forward he said he now expected full-year 2012 to be in line with 2011 as the headwinds in Europe act as a brake on growth.
The Pharma boss also noted the company's late stage pipeline was the strongest it has been for over a decade and that gave him confidence for the mid to longer term performance of the Group."The evidence of Q2 is we are making good progress and we have to stay focused on getting those projects to successful conclusion." The interview and transcript are available now on http://www.cantos.com/company/GlaxoSmithKline. MerchantCantos produces in-depth interviews, documentaries and webcasts with senior company executives. If you would like to contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +44-207-936-1352. SOURCE GlaxoSmithKline
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV