Seagate Technology (STX)
Who They Are: Seagate Technology is the worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of hard disc drives. Seagate Technology trades an average of 8 million shares per day with a marketcap of $11.3 billion.
Fourth-quarter earnings are highly anticipated by hopeful investors expecting an earnings growth report after the market closes on July 30. The analysts' mean appraisal is presently $2.51 a share, a gain of $2.23 (88.8%) from 28 cents during the corresponding quarter last year.Analysts are more or less side-stepping this one like a politician dancing the Washington two-step. A hold can mean everything from "I want to rate it a sale, but that would not be good for business", to "I have no clue." Ten out of 19 rate this a hold. Seven recommend this as a buy and two recommend selling. Seven out of 19 analysts now rate STX a strong buy down from nine analysts a month ago. Compared to three months ago, fewer analysts are rating this company as a strong buy. The stock has appreciated 81.2% in the last year, and the average analyst target price for STX is $29.15. In the previous STX's earnings release April 17, the closing price before earnings was $27.89. In comparison to a recent price of $26.47, shares are down 2%. The company has falling revenue year-over-year of $10.97 billion last fiscal year compared to $11.40 billion in the previous year. The bottom line has falling earnings year-over-year of $511 million last fiscal year compared to $1.61 billion in the previous year. Seagate continues to move higher following a bullish trend with moving averages pointing higher as well. The price-to-earnings multiple suggests Seagate is a value buy as long as they don't hit any speed bumps. I believe Seagate will come in very close to the estimate, but even a small miss should not hit the share price hard.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV