Progress Software Corporation (NASDAQ: PRGS), a leading application development and deployment platform provider today announced the availability of the Progress® OpenEdge® 11.1 cloud application development platform. This new release provides ISVs (independent software vendors) with performance and productivity tools for the development of SaaS (software as a service) and Cloud applications. It also delivers stronger security coupled with simplified user authentication.
Phil Jones, VP of Support and Development at Bluebird Auto Rental Systems, L.P., said: “The enhanced multi-tenancy capabilities in the latest release of the OpenEdge platform will dramatically reduce administration overhead and improve application performance, all while keeping our customer data physically separated and secure. Efficiency and profitability are the driving forces behind everything we do for our large customer base of nationwide vehicle rental companies. The Progress multi-tenant database allows us to organize our data into regions to better align with the needs of our customers for improved reporting, streamlined maintenance, and simplified support activity.”
Colleen Smith, vice president, SaaS, Progress Software, commented: “Before companies launch business-critical applications into the Cloud, they expect the same assurances of data security and compliance that they have long expected from applications run on-premises in their own data centers. We feel we’ve removed that hurdle and cleared the way for the next wave of SaaS and Cloud adoption.”
The feature-rich OpenEdge 11.1 platform includes:
- Enhanced governing and management controls, including a central management console for the administration of accounts deployed via the SaaS business model;
- Updated developer tools to increase productivity and reduce time-to-market, including improved password administration, additional regulatory support, and access to external data sources (such as Big Data, Cloud or on-premise data sources);
- Improved performance and scalability of the database, with improvements to the industry’s only multi-tenant database and improved network connectivity and memory utilization;
- Simplified user authentication and centralized controls ensuring single identity management/security controls for Cloud-based business applications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV