Steel shipments for 2Q 2012 amounted to 3.3 million tonnes, marginally lower by 1.0% as compared to 3.4 million tonnes for 1Q 2012.
Sales in the AACIS segment were $2.7 billion for 2Q 2012, a decrease of 3.9% as compared to $2.8 billion for 1Q 2012, primarily due to marginally lower steel shipments and stable steel average selling prices in CIS and lower average steel selling prices in South Africa impacted by depreciation of South African rand and weaker domestic market.
EBITDA for 2Q 2012 was $120 million, 25.0% lower as compared to $160 million for 1Q 2012. Lower profitability was driven primarily from our South African operations with lower selling prices and volumes combined with higher cost, partially offset by improved profitability from CIS operations.
|(USDm) unless otherwise shown||2Q 12||1Q 12||2Q 11||1H 12||1H 11|
|Operating income / (loss)||332||(10)||69||322||153|
|Steel shipments (Mt)||4,523||4,589||4,594||9,112||8,796|
|Average steel selling price (US$/t)||920||919||1,040||920||1,008|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV