Our expanded gift card program continued to generate revenues throughout the second quarter and produced nearly 60 basis points of additional same-store sales. We believe these programs will generate incremental top line growth throughout the remainder of the year. Our operations excellence team remained keenly focused on the fundamentals of providing great service, driving sales and managing controllable costs. Our ongoing commitment to creating a great dining and sports viewing experience for our guests produced another successful quarter for Buffalo Wild Wings.
Mary will now provide additional details on the second quarter as well as third quarter to date. Then I'll talk about the rest of the year when I return.
Mary J. Twinem
Thank you, Sally. Our revenue in the second quarter grew by 29.7%, increasing to $238.7 million. Systemwide, sales at our company-owned and franchised restaurants were $580 million for the quarter, more than 18% higher than the prior year.Company-owned restaurant sales for the second quarter increased to $220.6 million, a 31.4% increase over the same period in the prior year. Same-store sales was 5.3% for the quarter compared to 5.9% last year. Menu price increases taken during the past 12 months at company-owned restaurants contributed about 1.8%. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV