SG&A for the quarter was $72 million and the guidance for Q3 is $72 million to $74 million. We are reducing our previous full year SG&A guidance from $293 million to $288 million mainly as a result of a reduction in variable compensation.
With respect to income taxes, during the quarter, we recognized a net tax benefit of $24.4 million relating to the release of federal tax liabilities and interest. This amount relates primarily to the close of federal statutes for 2002 and 2003, and as a discrete benefit in the quarter.
Moving to the balance sheet. Accounts receivable increased, as there were significant shipments to distributors in the final weeks of the quarter. Given this timing, these shipments were not yet due to be collected when we completed the quarter, which is why our AR aging is unchanged from prior quarters. If the size of the increase is surprising to you, remember that our distributors purchase product at list price, which amplifies the AR swing. In addition, we had several -- we had a large sequential revenue increase which exacerbates the list price dynamic.
Inventory for the quarter ended at 3.7 months supply on hand, and the guidance for Q3 is approximately 4 months supply on hand. As you will recall, we intentionally increased inventory in Q2 in order to secure 40-nanometer supply and to support the 28-nanometer product ramp. At this point, we do not see a need to have inventory of higher than 4 months supply on hand.Next, you can see we have completed a substantial share repurchase in the quarter, 3.5 million shares. In addition, since the end of Q2, we have repurchased an additional 1.6 million shares. We continue to view share repurchase opportunistically. And as much as we would wish for a higher share price, we are very happy to take advantage of this great opportunity.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV