In fact, according to the folks at BlackRock, iShares FTSE NAREIT Mortgage REIT (REM) has a 30-day SEC yield north of 12.5%!
Of course, it is hardly immune to worldwide financial shocks. Back in 2008, iShares FTSE NAREIT Mortgage REIT lost nearly 1/2 of its worth.
Many would argue, however, that Europe's crisis does not involve subprime/Alt-A mortgage-backed securities and that toxic sovereign debt is a different creature entirely.That may be true. Yet, I'd still tell most investors to wait for REM to pull back to its 50-day. And after making a purchase, be sure that you
Gary Gordon reads: Real Clear Markets
On Twitter, Gary Gordon follows: Jonathan Hoenig
Hard Assets Investor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV