Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Investors can afford to take some short-term pain in order to make longer-term gains, Jim Cramer told "Mad Money" viewers Tuesday.
Don't leave the stock market just because of a few down days. "Sometimes the markets need to come down," Cramer explained, but that doesn't mean there aren't ways to make money.
Case in point,
(AAPL), a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
Off the ChartsIn the "Off The Charts" segment, Cramer went head to head with colleague Tim Collins over the chart of Monsanto (MON), the seed and fertilizer giant most poised to benefit from the record-setting drought in the U.S. While shares of Monsanto are sitting just off their 52-week highs, Collins said the daily chart displays a wedge formation that is bullish for the stock. He felt any pullback should be bought aggressively as the stock has solid support at the $81 level.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV