As we look out to 2013 due to our provision that was included in the recently passed transportation bill, our acquired 2013 minimum contribution will be lower by about $100 million. That is, instead of $300 million, we'll now plan to contribute approximately $200 million.
To be clear, this legislation has no impact on the discount rate utilized to calculate the pension liability on our books or on our intent to fully fund that pension liability. As in the past, our pension liability will continue to be determined by applying the appropriate discount rate at the end of each calendar year. The new legislation is entirely directed towards stabilizing how pension funding is calculated.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV