Our intermodal net revenues decreased 7.8 percent in the second quarter of 2012. This was due to decreased net revenue margin, offset partially by volume growth. Our net revenue margin decline was due to a change in our mix of business and increased cost of capacity. We have purchased an additional 500 intermodal containers and expect that all will be in service by the end of the third quarter. These will replace our 350 leased containers.
Our ocean transportation net revenues increased 3.4 percent in the second quarter of 2012, driven by increased pricing, partially offset by decreased volumes.
Our air transportation net revenues decreased 7.5 percent in the second quarter of 2012 due to pricing declines, partially offset by volume increases.
Other logistics services net revenues, which include transportation management services, customs, warehousing, and small parcel, increased 26.7 percent in the second quarter of 2012. This was primarily due to increases in our transportation management and customs net revenues.Sourcing net revenues increased 15.1 percent in the second quarter of 2012. This was due to volume growth and increased net revenue margin due to commodity and service mix. Excluding Timco Worldwide, which was acquired on September 26, 2011, we estimate that Sourcing net revenues increased approximately eight percent in the second quarter of 2012. Our Payment Services net revenues increased 8.1 percent in the second quarter of 2012 primarily due to an increase in transactions. For the second quarter, operating expenses increased 1.2 percent to $240.6 million in 2012 from $237.8 million in 2011. This was due to a decrease of 1.0 percent in personnel expense and an increase of 7.8 percent in other selling, general, and administrative expenses. For the second quarter, operating expenses as a percentage of net revenues declined to 56.5 percent in 2012 from 56.9 percent in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV