TSYS (NYSE: TSS) today reported results for the second quarter of 2012. For the quarter, basic earnings per share was $0.35, an increase of 26.5% over 2011. Total revenues for the quarter were $462.7 million, an increase of 3.4% over 2011. Revenues before reimbursable items were $398.7 million and operating income was $92.1 million, increases of 4.9% and 17.3%, respectively, as compared to 2011.
“Our second quarter results continued to benefit from increases in the number of transactions processed in our issuer processing and indirect merchant acquiring businesses, increases in the dollar volume of transactions in our direct merchant acquiring business, our ongoing management focus on cost controls, and an expected nonrecurring tax benefit. Same client transaction growth in our card issuer processing business increased 12.7%. POS transactions, excluding deconverted clients in our indirect merchant acquiring business, were up 12.4% and sales volume in our direct merchant business was up 9.7%,” said Philip W. Tomlinson, chairman and chief executive officer of TSYS.
“Our recently announced renewal and expansion of our relationship with Bank of America was a defining accomplishment for TSYS as we have yet again demonstrated that we can deliver for one of the top credit card issuers in the world. The Bank of America signing, when coupled with the signing of a 12-year contract extension with Royal Bank of Scotland confirms my confidence in our outstanding management team and team members to get the job done,” said Tomlinson.
Taking into consideration TSYS’ reported results for the first half of 2012, and reductions in revenues associated with both the client requested delays in conversions previously scheduled for the second half of 2012 and the retention and expansion of the Bank of America issuer processing relationship, TSYS believes it will achieve the high end of its 2012 guidance for net income and EPS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV