U.S. semiconductor maker Ramtron International Corporation (Nasdaq: RMTR), a leading developer and supplier of ferroelectric-based memory and integrated semiconductor products, today reported total revenue of $14.2 million for the second quarter of 2012, compared to $16.8 million for the second quarter of 2011. Net income for the second quarter of 2012 was $69,000, or $0.00 per share, compared with a net loss of $683,000, or ($0.02) per share, for the second quarter of 2011.
“Distributor order flow began to slow as headwinds in the semiconductor markets that we serve picked up toward the end of the second quarter and stalled our revenue growth,” said Eric Balzer, Ramtron’s chief executive officer. “Despite this industry softness, we posted Adjusted EBITDA of $1.9 million by maintaining operational discipline and reduced inventory by approximately $1.4 million on a sequential basis.
“In addition, we gained traction with our demand creation initiatives during the quarter, logging new wins and advancing opportunities in automotive, metering and medical applications,” Balzer continued. “We are now seven months into our program of driving design wins with new and existing customers after last year’s hiatus in design activity, when our highest priority was to work with our existing customers to manage supply constraints. With a number of new design wins under our belt and emerging opportunities on the horizon, we remain well positioned for growth in 2013 and beyond.”
2012 Second-Quarter Financial Highlights
- Total revenue of $14.2 million, compared to $14.9 million in the first quarter of 2012
- Product gross margin remained flat at 52%, compared to first quarter of 2012
- Income tax provision was $167,000
- Stock-based compensation was $368,000
- Adjusted EBITDA was approximately $1.9 million
- Ramtron was added to NVIDIA’s Preferred Vendor List and participated in the GPU Technology Conference 2012 in San Jose, CA.
- Named Gery E. Richards as chief financial officer. Mr. Richards joined Ramtron in 2004, became controller in 2008, and was appointed interim chief financial officer in October 2011.
- Appointed Erik Wood as director of business development. Mr. Wood brings to Ramtron 17 years of solution sales and high-tech market development experience with deep experience in the defense/aerospace, supply chain, transportation, oil and gas, healthcare, identification and security markets.
- Announced availability of the MaxReader Development Kit to enhance the adoption of the Company’s wireless memory products. The Kit allows system designers to quickly evaluate, thoroughly test, and rapidly prototype Ramtron’s MaxArias™ wireless memory for a broad range of RF-enabled applications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV