George F. Jones, president and CEO of Texas Capital Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: TCBI), the parent company of Texas Capital Bank, announced today Preston M. “Pete” Geren III will join the bank’s board of directors. Geren is currently the President and CEO for the Sid W. Richardson Foundation based in Fort Worth, Texas. The addition of Geren expands the board to 15 members.
“We are very excited to have someone of Pete’s caliber join the Board at Texas Capital,” said George Jones, CEO of Texas Capital Bancshares, Inc. “His experience and insight in government, business and banking makes him a perfect fit for our board and the businesses and communities we serve.”
Geren served as an executive in the Department of Defense from 2001 to 2009 ending his career there as Secretary of the Army under Presidents Bush and Obama. He also served as a member of Congress in the 12 th Congressional District of Texas for four terms succeeding former Speaker of the House Jim Wright. Geren also serves as a director of Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE). Before serving in the United States House of Representatives or with the US Department of Defense, Geren had previously served as a director of both privately and publicly held banking organizations and on the board of directors of Union Pacific Resources (NYSE).
Geren holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in history from the University of Texas and a JD from the University of Texas. He and his wife live in Fort Worth and have three children.ABOUT TEXAS CAPITAL BANCSHARES, INC. Texas Capital Bancshares (NASDAQ: TCBI), a member of the Russell 2000™ Index, is the parent company of Texas Capital Bank, a commercial bank that delivers highly personalized financial services to businesses and private clients. Headquartered in Dallas, the bank has full-service locations in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV