Quintin J. Lai
Thank you, Jan. I would also like to add my congratulations and best wishes to Kirk. I'm excited to join Sigma-Aldrich and I am looking forward to work with all of you on my new role. In today's call, Jan will lead off with a review of our second quarter and first half of 2012 performance. Rakesh will follow with that discussion with an update on the activities that contributed to our second quarter results and our updated 2012 outlook. After completing those reviews, we'll open up the call for your questions and comments. We will be using a slide presentation as part of today's call. That presentation can be viewed on our Investor Relations website at www.sigmaaldrich.com.
Before beginning the review, I want to remind you that today's comments include forward-looking statements about future activities and our expectations for sales, earnings, cash flow and other possible future results. While we believe these expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, actual results may differ materially due to any number of factors, including the risk factors listed in our annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2011, and in the cautionary statement that is included in today's release and in our slides. We have no plans to update these forward-looking statements after this call.
Also in today's conference call, we are providing information on non-GAAP financial measures. That information which consists of currency and acquisition-adjusted sales growth, operating income and related margins, net income and EPS results on both an adjusted and reported basis, and free cash flow reconciled to net cash provided by operating activities is also contained in today's earnings release which is posted on our website and in the appendix to today's presentation that begins with Slide 13. With that, I'll ask Jan to start with a summary of our second quarter results. Jan?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV