This call is being broadcast live over the web and can be accessed through ST's website. A replay will be available shortly after the conclusion of this call. This call will include forward-looking statements that involve risk factors that could cause ST's results to differ materially from management's expectations and plans.
We encourage you to review the Safe Harbor statement contained in the press release that was issued with the results last night and also in ST's most recent regulatory filings for a full description of these risk factors. As a reminder, please limit yourself to one question and a brief follow-up.
And now, I'd like to turn the call over to Carlo Bozotti, ST’s President and CEO. Carlo?
Carlo BozottiThank you, Tait, and thank you for joining us for the -- for our second quarter conference call. Let me share some key points before going into a review of the quarter. First, net revenues and gross margin were in line with our guidance, and we saw a significant improvement in our net results. However, in June, we did see a negative impact on our second quarter earnings as a result of the macro-driven changes in the market environment. Second, we had an active quarter with respect to our product portfolio as we will hear from the level of new design wins and product ramps. Third, we have set three key priorities with which we will manage the business during the second half of 2012 and beyond. Priority number one is to gain market share and we want it to be profitable market share gains. As part of this we want to continue to expand our customer base, which will allow -- which will also help reduce the risks in our business. Priority number two, we are focused on moving our VLSI businesses, meaning our digital assets at ST, including ST-Ericsson, towards self-sustainability to drive improved financial performance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV