AuthenTec (AUTH) is a provider of mobile and network security solutions for enterprise, government and consumer markets. This stock is trading up 3.8% at $5.23 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $5.02-$5.3452-Week Range: $2.23-$5.19 Volume: 989,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 720,746 >>5 Stocks Poised to Pop on Bullish Earnings From a technical perspective, AUTH is moving notably higher here right off some near-term support at around $5 with heavy volume. This move has pushed AUTH into breakout territory, since this stock has started to move above some near-term overhead resistance at $5.19. Traders should now look for long-biased trades as long as AUTH is trending above $4.80 to $5.19 with strong upside volume flows. I am using the $4.80 area because that's a level where AUTH has found support at recently, after it gapped through it from $4.60. I would consider any upside volume day that registers near or above 720,746 shares as bullish. If AUTH can maintain a high-volume trend above those levels, then this stock has a great chance of tagging $6 in the near future. On the flipside, I would avoid this stock if it moves back below $4.80 with high volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV